Our office is partnering with a well-established and thriving agricultural facility design and build organization that is in need of a Drafting Professional with BIM experience. The company is currently looking for this individual for their available BIM Technologist role.
The company has a strong presence within the Ag Construction Industry, with projects all across the US. This position offers a competitive compensation package, along with career advancment and an exceptional company culture. If you are interested in expanding your Design or Drafting career, then contact me today!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilize Revit, Autocad, and other drafting tools to prepare models and construction drawings for projects of varying size
- Convert sketches into accurate models and drawings directly with Project Developers and Engineers
- Maintain a drawing log and revision record using Viewpoint and other tools
- Peer review the work of other Design Technologists
- Manage multiple projects & tasks simultaneously, spanning across different market segments
- Work with Sub-Consultants and Sub-Contractors
- Leverage Clash detection tools to proactively identify issues before construction phase
- Ability to export BIM models and drawings to DWF and other formats for collaboration
- Working knowledge of construction processes. Experience in the construction industry is a plus
- Have or develop an understanding of agricultural systems (Experience in agriculture is also a plus)
- Take part in occasional travel to jobsites prior to, during, and after construction. (less than 5%)
- Experienced user of Autodesk Revit or similar BIM design software
- Proficient user of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of interface with multiple BIM file formats
- Knowledge of MEP and CFD systems is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Revit Structural analysis toolkit is a plus.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint
- Familiarity with AIA
- Problem Solving - Tackle both large scale/conceptual level and detail/task level problems
- Adaptability , being able to jump from project to project
- Strong communication skills
- Creative mindset
- Efficient work behavior
- Time Management skills
- Able to take ownership of projects and tasks
- Four-year degree in an accredited BIM, Computer Graphics Technology, or Engineering Technology curriculum, and Two - Four years of experience in drafting or building information modeling.
- OR strong experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
If interested contact Dan Sokolowski at (605) 809-8521. Thank You!
BIM, AutoCAD, CAD, Revit, Construction, Project Manager, Engineering, Design, Drafting, Draftsman, Drafter