A client is seeking a secret cleared aerospace engineer to support a federal program in the Hampton VA area. This person will work in a team environment to study aeronautical problems and have the ability to conceptualize about futuristic solutions. This person will observe aircraft at the system level to understand how minor changes can have drastic effects. Furthermore, this person will work specifically to conceptualize autonomous aircraft, drones, and UAVs and how they operate in todays world as well as 25 years in the future. The successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience within the aerospace field, have experience designing, modeling, simulating, testing, and pushing the boundaries of physics. Due to the nature of the work only candidates with an active secret clearance will be considered.
- 7+ years experience as an aerospace engineer
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering
- Understanding of aerodynamic performance codes
- Secret Clear
- VSP - Vehicle Sketch Pad
- Modelcenter - Design Optimization Tool
- Understanding of Geometric Models/Propulsion Systems/Aerodynamics/Trajectory Systems
- Ability to conceptualize about futuristic air craft.
- Previous experience working with UAVs
- Previous experience with autonomous airspace vehicles/unmanned studies
- Flight Dynamics