GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on building lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD has an opening for an Entry Level Project Engineer
at our Baton Rouge, Louisiana
office location. We are seeking a dynamic person to help service our client base in the chemicals, refining, and mid-stream oil & gas markets. GHD provides a wide variety of services across multiple sectors that support front end loading and detailed design of multi-discipline plant capital projects ranging in TIC values.
• Function within a consulting engineering environment to support ongoing multi-discipline engineering projects for new and existing clients in the markets we serve.
• Be able to support project managers on projects we execute in FEED/FEL stages through detailed design.
• Participate in the response to RFI’s, Bid Requests, feasibility discussions, and Proposal effort to confirm scope, budget, and scheduling required to perform the requested services.
• Aid in the development of time & materials and/or competitive lump sum pricing to perform engineering services.
• Adapt to the client culture and learn the measures of success.
• Gather information and provide input toward project-reporting metrics to ensure up-to-date informed status of projects from initial stages through delivery and final archiving.
• Participate in project review meetings with internal design team and with clients to discuss issues, notate meeting minutes, and develop action item lists as part of project record keeping.
• Capture scope deviations as they occur and analyze impact against current working agreements.
• Have involvement with projects from beginning stages through close out.
• Act in the capacity of a GHD Leader by being part of the team, performing work to industry and client standards, and operating with the highest regard toward ethical business practices.
• Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures.
• Full Time position located at the GHD Baton Rouge office.
• BS in Engineering
• 0 - 1 year of engineering experience supporting industrial facilities projects in chemicals, refining, and/or pipeline.
• Background with interfacing with plant engineering, operations, maintenance, and construction staff.
• Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to conduct meetings and presentations with clients and design team members.
• Ability to learn industry practices in project management and performance benchmarking using earned value concepts.
• Ability to interface with multi-discipline technical disciplines and general understanding within each.
• Aptitude to read and understand P&ID’s and other process equipment installation drawings.
• Knowledgeable of types of construction drawings and details required for each discipline.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, pleasant demeanor, and able to lead by example.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop programs.
• Physical ability to make field trips to review project scopes, grasp project complexities, and gauge potential safety issues
• Current TWIC Card preferable, or ability to obtain
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website http://www.ghd.com/
As a multicultural organization, we support individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls please and no third party firms.