The EWP Designer is responsible for reading architectural prints to create roof and floor truss placement layouts conforming to current 84 Engineered Wood design practices. This position will design roof and floor trusses in engineering software ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current division pricing. This position will also specify all necessary supplied hardware, maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet, send approval letter to customers according to Associate Handbook when necessary, provide sales and customer support when necessary, ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly, and attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested by supervisor(s).
Specify all necessary supplied hardware
Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
Send quote to customers according to division pricing when necessary
Provide sales and customer support when necessary
Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
Javelin, BC Framer, Sapphire Structures, etc
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Knowledge of floor and roof truss design process
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design (i.e. TPI, UBC).
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.