SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
SCS Engineers is seeking a mid-level engineer in our Wichita, KS office to perform various activities related to environmental consulting. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and self-motivated, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This successful candidate for this position will be involved in managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in performing engineering work, marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Kansas and Midwest market and will contribute to projects and proposals, in other states as well. Responsibilities include technical project work, management of small and medium-size projects, business development, and staff training and development. Project work will be primarily for solid waste management projects, including landfill gas, landfill, composting, environmental remediation and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepares engineering calculations, drawings, reports, permit applications and date presentation on a regular basis for clients both internal and external.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions, and plans and coordinates work.
- The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive work experience.
- Management Track
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and manages a large and important engineering or scientific project or a number of solid waste or landfill gas oriented projects with complex features.
- Management of projects should include lead technical person, client contact, scheduling of personnel, and other management duties such as projecting manpower requirements, billing projections, invoicing, and accounts receivable management.
- Normally will have significant administrative, supervisory, technical project planning and business development responsibilities.
- Technical Track
- As an individual researcher or worker, carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Will prepare articles for publication and may be involved in presenting papers at conferences.
- For either track the senior professional shall guide, coordinate, and review work of engineers, scientists, or technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline required.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant civil and/or environmental experience required. Experience in the solid waste industry is preferred.
- An engineering background with experience in grading plans, drainage control, field quality assurance, report writing and knowledge of environmental regulations is preferred.
- Experience in client management, solid waste facility design, and/or environmental permitting is a plus.
- Engineer in Training or Registered Professional Engineer required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient with MS-Office, MS-Excel, AutoCad, and HydroCad, MS-Project.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].