Kforce has a client that is seeking a Web Engineer in Madison, Wisconsin (WI).
Under the direction of Web Engineering Manager, the Web Engineer is someone who is responsible for the design and development of a wide range of tools and web applications complying to company policies and procedures. Duties include work with cross functional teams and managers to develop applications specified by the business and functional requirements. The Web Engineer will work to identify areas of improvement in the entire product life cycle of both existing and new products.
- Develop web sites and applications using modern web development stacks
- Implement scalable applications that meet business requirements and can be distributed globally
- Participate in technical design of new sites and applications
- Enforce code standards and review other developers code
- Be a self-managing, full participant in cross-functional agile teams: define tasks and assignments and complete them by committed dates and timelines and help teammates do the same
- Minimum of four-year degree computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years of Web Development
- Experience using Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience using NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Experience consuming RESTful API
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) ? to ensure understanding of requirements
- Strong software engineering and general problem solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Ability to collaborate with business teams
- Ability to incrementally deliver applications as part of an agile software development team
- Deep understanding of browser development and debugging
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.