Job Number: 2128857Materials Manager
Up to 115k
Assists President through the direct management of all Material Management activities at the corporate level. This includes Inventory Control, Receiving/Warehouse, Quoting, Material Handling and Purchasing functions. Experience with electronic components is a must and due to ITAR requirements, a US Citizenship is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned).
* Aggressively seeks opportunities for overall cost savings by negotiating: price reductions, vendor contracts, Just In Time (JIT) Programs, volume rebates, terms and stocking programs.
* Fosters partnerships with external sources. (i.e. suppliers, outsource services, carriers, etc.)
* Manages Raw Materials inventory to meet corporate Inventory turns goal.
* Ensures adequate raw materials inventories to meet production requirements.
* Manages Quoting department making sure material and labor quotes are accurate and on-time to Program Management.
* Ensures effective carrier, supplier and outsource service.
* Coordinates seamless introduction of new products, materials, etc.
* Responsible for On-Site Warehousing Facilities and associated costs.
* Maintains Inventory Accuracy.
* Ensures accurate, on-time deliveries from vendors and to customers.
* Ensures Freight Rates, Raw Materials Pricing and Contracts are optimal.
* Manages certification programs to include vendors and the materials they provide.
* Writes, publishes, and enforces Standard Operating Procedures for Quoting, Purchasing and Warehousing.
* Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
* Has personal and telephone contact with all levels of management and staff.
* Must have advanced interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels within the organization
* Ability to communicate with outside suppliers, customers and contractors.
* Directly supervises Purchasing, Quoting, and Warehouse personnel
* Planning, assigning, and directing work
* Appraising performance
* Rewarding and disciplining employees
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* A BA/BS Degree is desirable with college level courses in Business, Finance or related fields helpful.
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing with 2 years of materials management responsibility.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of materials management accounting processes, cost benefit analysis, inventory control systems, supply chain management, and source of products.
* Excellent organizational skills. Materials Manager
Up to 115k
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."