P1 Group is looking for a Senior Mechanical Construction Estimator to work out of either our Lawrence or Lenexa, Kansas offices.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Computes cost factors and prepares construction estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Leads the estimators and other staff assigned to his or her estimating team; manages their work assignments, performance and resources; and coordinates their training.
- Works with the Marketing Department to review market potential and possibilities for bids which fit the company???s strategic goals.
- Promotes the company???s capabilities and expertise when dealing directly with key decision makers in the owner or general contracting companies.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor???s degree in a construction or mechanical engineering related discipline, OR
- At least five years of mechanical construction/service field trade experience/training/education, OR
- Equivalent combination of the above.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- LEED Certification is preferred but not required.
- Direct Experience: Ten or more years of mechanical construction estimating experience while employed by an mechanical construction contractor is required. Industrial, Healthcare, Critical Power, Government and Heavy Commercial experience is a plus. Accustomed to successfully bidding on non-residential projects that are at least $250,000 or more in cost. General contractors or roles coordinating with mechanical subcontractors do not meet this requirement.
- Computer Skills: Must have accurate typing skills and be proficient in using database, email, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications, specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows) and be willing to learn new software applications.
- Accubid Enterprise experience is a HUGE plus but is not required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver???s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.