We are currently in need of a Modeling and Simulation Chemical Engineer to join our team with ERC, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
(APPLY HERE: https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=AS0004MM&tz=GMT-05:00&tzname= )
As a Modeling and Simulation Chemical Engineer, you will:
- Support the advanced environmental control and life support systems analysis group.
- Simulate and evaluate performance of life support systems for future NASA vehicles and habitats including the Orion spacecraft and vehicles capable of lunar or Mars missions.
- Correlate water and air process simulation models to test results.
- Model physical and chemical processes, and size equipment performing life support functions for long duration space flights.
- Evaluate and refine requirements for life support equipment that will support future missions.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Capable of developing simulation models of air and water purification processes at varying levels of fidelity ranging from detailed, first-principle models to more descriptive lumped-parameter models.
- Programming knowledge in one or more of the following: FORTRAN, C, Visual Basic.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to use data to draw conclusions and support the conclusions when challenged.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills in a team environment.
We offer the following great benefits:
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Experience with chemical processes associated with NASA life support systems.
- SysML experience.
- Aspen software experience.
- Experience with dynamic chemical process simulation.
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Equipment and Machines
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Other Essential Functions
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.