Barnes Aerospace is seeking a progressive Supply Chain leader to join its successful leadership team to lead its global strategic sourcing efforts and ensure long-term service and cost objectives are achieved. As part of the Barnes Aerospace Leadership Team, you will play a key role in the segment strategy and will be involved in all aspects of the direction of the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated supply chain solutions across Aerospace, in support of our growth and profitability objectives. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration. This Position reports to the President, Barnes Aerospace.
- Lead the global supply chain, materials, inventory planning / management for Aerospace, providing strategic direction and cross functional guidance for systems, projects and programs. Develops and implements effective, value-added supply chain/logistics initiatives that will contribute to the company’s achievement of profitable, sustainable growth.
- Lead teams with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments. Continuously seeks to improve the quality and effectiveness of the global supply chain organization through the effective assessment and selection of talent that is developable and is available to relocate and assume assignments in other geographic areas where their expertise is needed.
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Responsible for achieving year-over-year savings and attainment of established metrics. Actively manage and monitor supply chain perfomfance, spend data, and other internal metrics to identify improvement opportunities to create sustainable outcomes and solutions across the business.
- Drive the implementation of integrated Supply Chain solutions from customer order to delivery. Continuously generate and execute improvement opportunities of the supply chain process to enhance quality, reliability and cost savings.
- Provide supply chain support in connection with our New Product Introduction (NPI) processes. Oversee all purchasing activities including products, materials, supplies, capital equipment and contract services. Develop processes within operations to standardize production planning to optimize production cost and ensure delivery of finished products per customer requirements.
- Manage supplier relationships, development and supplier process capability assessments. Ensure relationships with suppliers enable the business to gain access to newly developed raw material sources.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to drive continual improvement and effectiveness of the supply chain organization and the services provided and performed.
- Ideally, 7 to 10+ years of prior global supply chain, logistics and materials management experience in a global manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in all aspects of materials management systems, procurement and supplier development. Good knowledge of QS-9000 and MRP. APICS certification preferred. Experience with JBA desired. Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- A leader with the ability to inspire and develop people, and motivate a high performing team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate and engage at all levels of the organization.
- Respects individual differences and utilizes the diverse thinking and contributions of all. Works across organizational boundaries, encourages teamwork and a sense of partnership.
- Effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information. Empowers others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products/processes.
- Views problems from a total business perspective, considering economic opportunities, required investment, risks and anticipated paybacks.
- Up to 25% travel required.
Internal Candidate Instructions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline required. Master’s degree in business preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website: www.bginc.com. Click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.