Position: Lead Design Engineer (Test Equipment/ Aerospace/ Defense)
Location: Torrance, CA
Travel: 20% domestic and international required
A Lead Design Engineer is needed to supervise all test equipment engineers for a large aerospace defense company. This person will be accountable for the multi-disciplinary team’s work quality, employee development, process adherence and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Conceptualization of design solutions with the staff
• Review and improvement of technical work in progress and completed by the staff
• Problem resolution and disposition
• Proposal work
• Making priority calls on staff assignments
• Drawing and document review and correction
• Training of staff, addressing employee needs and morale
• Recruiting and hiring staff
• Process development in collaboration with global peers.
• Periodic activities will include: capacity planning, department budgets, resource assignments review of plans, communication meetings with the staff, employee performance discussions, and time card and vacation approvals.
• 10 years of design engineering work experience in the aerospace and defense industry
• 10 years of experience in the design of products or test equipment solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical systems
• Managerial experience supervising a team of Design Engineers
• The design group includes engineers assigned to subgroups of electrical, mechanical and system design. Supervision of the design staff therefore requires a leader with technical capability in each of these disciplines
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required, Master's Degree preferred
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.