Job Title: Environmental Compliance Engineer
Project: Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project
Office Location: 240 Corporate Blvd. Norfolk, VA 23502
DRAGADOS is a subsidiary of ACS Group, a global infrastructure development company that leads the ENR ranking of International Contractors.
We not only encourage personal growth and a career path designed by each employee we hire, we surround you with a great team to assure diversity and success.
Along with our partners, we have the necessary size, resource base and expertise to take on the comprehensive design and management of large infrastructure projects from conception to completion.
The Joint Venture including Dragados USA (42%), VINCI (33%), and Flatiron Constructors (25%) has been awarded with a $3.3B design-build contract for the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, which is the largest construction contract awarded in the history of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The Environmental Compliance Engineer is responsible for performing environmental assessments and reporting in compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Perform environmental assessments in compliance with NEPA, VDOT, VDEQ and other regulatory agencies
- Write and prepare reports, work plans, and correspondence
- Participate in conducting and coordinating environmental site assessments
- Coordinate with environmental consultants and contractors
- Manage and process environmental field data
- Perform audit and inspections
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance
- Review environmental regulations and determine or seek assistance with applicability determinations
- Identify, assess and apply storm water best management practices for industrial, municipal, and construction storm water programs
- Create and maintain environmental management systems to comply with air permits and air regulations
- Report all environmental incidents, including internal spills, external releases, potential permit non-compliances, regulatory inspections, or similar incidents to plant management
- Lead and/or support preparation and negotiation of permit applications
- Interface with regulatory agencies, prepare required documentation, schedule any required testing, and provide additional follow-up documentation as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil construction is preferred
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in the environmental permitting process, environmental design, and construction management and compliance on large complex transportation or railroad project with complex environmental permitting requirements; experience working with Waste Hauling/Transportation of Contaminated/Regulated Materials
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.
Dragados USA Inc., in an Equal Opportunity Employer