Are you a Geologist or Environmental Scientist and ready to take another step in your career? If so, consider joining Tetra Tech.
We are looking for a Junior or Mid-Level Geologist or Environmental Scientist with a minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience in the field of geology serving both industrial and government clients. Field experience should include soil logging and sampling, installation of monitoring wells, and aquifer testing. Experience in performing hazardous waste site investigations and various types of sampling, including low-flow groundwater sampling, surface water, sediment, soil, subsurface vapor, and air sampling is desired; remediation experience is a plus.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING:
• Field work planning and preparation, drilling and monitoring well installation oversight, logging soil boreholes, remedial system implementation (e.g. subsurface injections) and operation and maintenance, and report preparation including text, tables and figures. Field work will also consist of the collection and proper documentation of soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples to define the nature and extent of contamination.
• Responsibilities may include preparation of Phase 1 investigation and reporting, remedial investigation, remedial system design, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports; cost estimating; and technical writing.
• Other responsibilities could include managing subcontracts, monitoring project cost and schedule performance; supervision of more junior personnel, and assisting in business development/marketing efforts as part of a team.
• May perform a range of tasks, requiring utilization of advanced scientific, geologic, and engineering analytical techniques, including: (1) interpretation of complex hydrogeologic settings impacted by emerging contaminants; and (2) development of cost effective remedial strategies.
• This position will have field and non-field related responsibilities. The physical demands of this position require the ability to perform field work, including lifting and maneuvering of equipment and filled sample coolers, in a range of weather conditions.
TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY YOU SHOULD:
Have a BS degree in a civil or environmental engineering, geosciences, environmental science, or related technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
Have 3 to 6 years of relevant experience with geologic, engineering, and scientific data interpretation on environmental projects including investigation, reporting, and permitting. Your experience should include characterization and remediation of hazardous waste sites. Direct experience with implementing TCEQ regulations and working under both RCRA and CERCLA programs is preferred. Field experience that includes all aspects of environmental investigation and remediation such as subsurface water and sediment sampling, soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and well installation for hazardous waste site characterization, aquifer testing, remedial system installation, and system O&M is desirable.
• Have received 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training along with being current on the 8-hour refresher training is required. Other OSHA training is desirable.
• Have the educational background to be able to obtain a professional license/registration such as an EIT, GIT, PE, PG or PMP. Currently possessing a professional licenses/registration would be a plus.
• Be able to pass background screening requirements including criminal history, motor vehicle check, drug testing, etc. is required.
• Have successful past performance directing and supervising subcontractors.
• Have strong technical, writing, and verbal communication skills.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies