CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
10 Hour, AH24C3 Maintenance - Mechanical
Engineering and Engineering Services
The Maintenance Technician millwright/ rotating equipment position is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing and replacing mechanical equipment in the plant safely and efficiently. Technicians install, troubleshoot, service and perform preventative maintenance on rotating equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, compressors, steam turbines and hydraulic systems.
- Completes repairs on conveyors, rotating drums and shaker screens.
- Safely operates drill press, hydraulic press, band saw, grinders and other basic shop equipment.
- Certified forklift operator, 8-ton crane, and basic knowledge of loads/weights and proper rigging skills.
- Inspects and repairs gear boxes.
- Perform basic building repair and support work.
- Perform carbon steel and stainless steel basic welding.
- Inspects and repairs blowers and fans.
- Order parts from the warehouse to complete assigned jobs.
- Safety awareness of all aspects of this plant work and equipment.
- AA Degree or Technical Certificates and/or licenses preferred.
- 5-7 years of industry related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree/certificate.
- Chemical or manufacturing plant technical knowledge and/or related work experience preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Effective analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with ability to work as part of a team.
- Works in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Microsoft Office software knowledge.
- The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK