GHD is embarking on an aggressive growth strategy for our Utility service line. GHD is seeking a Senior-Level Civil / Geotechnical Engineer for our St. Louis, MO office.
These are exciting and challenging opportunities for a senior-level Engineer with coal power plant experience, excellent technical, operational and management skills to develop and manage full-service CCR consulting office practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management Capability (i.e. project, staff, financial)
- Design and consult on CCR unit construction/closure and compliance
- Design CCR units including: Ash pond construction/closure, Landfill construction/closure
- Consult with engineers and clients on projects
- Support GHD on additional engineering projects related to remediation, wastewater, transportation and infrastructure
- Knowledge of CCR rule and state solid waste programs
- Develop clients and new business opportunities
- B.S. degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (MS preferred)
- 8-15 years of experience including coal power plants
- Registered P.E. in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or ability to be registered within six months in Missouri and Illinois
- Excellent communication and client / staff management skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time based on client needs
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.