Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. We offer competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Tool Designer to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in Ankeny, IA. This is a contingent position forecasted for 3 years.
Within this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, carts, racks, material handling equipment and lifting devices
- Utilize Creo and other engineering standards to provide these designs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical degree
- 4+ years of experience with the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, material handling equipment and lifting devices
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Creo modeling or equivalent
- Working knowledge of welding processes, manufacturing processes, factory operations, and the ability to read and understand weld drawings and assembly drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
A strong candidate will also have:
- Hands on experience working in a tool shop as a machinist or toolmaker
- Experience with agricultural equipment or related agricultural experience
*** This position is located in Ankeny, IA. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense. ***
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd party vendors please.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
If you do not meet all the qualifications for this position, be sure to visit jobs.volt.com to find other available positions that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.