The Process Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, support and development of manufacturing equipment and processes coordinating with Global Research, Development, and Engineering as necessary. This individual will work to improve product manufacturability, reliability, and cost through continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes. This individual will be responsible for managing projects within facility. This individual will be knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical and chemical processes as they relate to the manufacturing of lead-acid batteries.
To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing engineering projects related to equipment and process, as assigned by the Project Engineering Manager
- Ability to engineer process equipment from concept to build and hand over to production
- Ensure safe working environment
- Maintain and develop processes that achieve required quality, throughput, and cost targets
- Update and develop process specifications to match current practices
- Support introduction of new products and processes
- Provide guidance to plant personnel for process equipment installation and training
- Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving assistance to facility
- Implement ideas of Lean Manufacturing into process engineering
- Provide direction for immediate maintenance requirements
- Monitor existing processes to assure continued quality, product integrity and cost effectiveness
- Generate ideas leading to cost reduction, product or process improvement, and scrap reduction
- Analysis of data, prepare and present technical information including reports and presentations.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of QA requirements for all products manufactured at facility.
- Mentor process improvement ideas
- Install, debug and establish PM programs for new equipment
- Review and suggest modifications to establish equipment PM’s
- Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- BS Mechanical Engineer degree
- Technical aptitude for mechanical and electrical equipment, chemical processes is an advantage
- Demonstrated project management skills; can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good computer skills all Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD / Inventor
- Knowledgeable in Industrial Electricity and Mechanical energy sources
- PLC (Ladder logic) experience is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with plant personnel individually and within a team
- Good creative and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Lean and /or TPS experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, craw, squat, kneel and climb. Able to use both arms and hands to use computer, peripherals, and lift 40 pounds from floor level to overhead. Able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms. Able to wear respirator and other PPE as required. Able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
Able to work inside or outside the plant environment and in all climate conditions. Exposed to lead, fumes, chemicals, operating equipment, and vehicles.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.