Performance Logistics Engineer - Des Moines, IA (50023)
This position is for a Performance Logistics Engineer to support the verification, validation, and shipping of experimental cotton harvesters.
- Lead/Manage the shipping, fumigation/inspection, and tracking of experimental machines, test equipment, and parts to quickly and efficiently accomplish moves and updates, including office related tasks as required. Work with engineers, mechanics, farmers, logistics, and shipping companies as required.
- Create and manage experimental user agreements.
- Plan, coordinate, conduct, and oversee full vehicle evaluations and field test activities of cotton harvesters.
- Provide field test support through test site coordination/leadership.
- Become proficient in the safe operation and maintenance of cotton harvesters to aid in design reviews, tests, evaluations, and trouble shooting.
- Participate in, contribute to, and document design reviews and EETS dispositioning.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with farmers, engineers, mechanics, and logistics to get work done.
- Well organized, with attention to detail.
- Outgoing and good communicator
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner while unsupervised.
- Ability to multi task.
- Experience working in a team environment and soliciting cooperation when needed.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- A working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and powertrain systems.
- 4-year B.S. degree in engineering, technology, or equivalent experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Farming experience
- Experience with the design, development and/or test of mobile equipment, preferably agricultural harvesting equipment.
- Experience with data acquisition tools and analysis.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of agricultural equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical/electronically controlled components and systems
- Workers must have US Work Authorization in possession prior to start without sponsorship.
**(Kelly Services does not expense relocation or interview costs)
Important information: To be immediately considered, please send a WORD DOCX version of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Year-end bonus program
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Name: Deanna Saulsbury