Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Software Engineer Director
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills in a challenging role
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Director, Software Engineering.
The Director, Software Engineering will provide technical leadership, vision, management, and coaching for multiple software engineering teams. This role will be responsible for managing multiple development teams and driving the engineering roadmap. You must research and deliver quality technical solutions that leverage or extend our platforms to help our users and overall business. You will establish best practices for code standards/reviews, workflow, and release management.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands-on experience with IT hardware, networks, software back-end, database, APIs, services, modern web front-end and mobile frameworks
- 7+ years managing diverse software development/delivery teams and organizations both onshore and offshore.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
- Proven track record of shipping web and mobile applications, delivering medium to large projects through the software delivery lifecycle.
- Comfortable in managing within Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experienced in establishing DevOps, standards, code reviews, accessibility, CI/CD, and architectural best practices.
- Proficient in selecting and leading strategic vendor relationships or acting as the primary point of contact for partnerships.
- Experience with modern frontend (especially JS) frameworks, .NET, Java, C#, mobile (iOS Swift, Android), MuleSoft, Oracle WCS, MS SQL.
- Proficient in utilizing deep market and industry knowledge for a related portfolio segment or domain to achieve strategic objectives.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Related experience may include: Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Publishing Systems Analyst, Senior Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Coordinator, Systems Engineer
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.