Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Summary: Mesa Energy Systems has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer at its office in Sacramento, CA. This position provides engineering support for the design build pre-sale/pre-construction department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unitary HVAC Equipment selection, sizing and design for duct work
- Experienced with Mechanical Codes and Energy Efficiency Standards
- Familiar with different HVAC system types and their applications
- Engineering experience with energy efficiency, developing or supporting performance based projects or energy services
- Perform Heating, Cooling Load Calculations and Title 24 Compliance calculations using Energy-Pro
- Interface with customers/engineers when gathering system requirements, then translating the requirements to functional technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain a protocol for informing team members on utility incentive programs and client assistance.
- Actively seek out new technologies and recommend their use and implementation to Sr. Management.
- Computer Skills: Energy-Pro V6, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP or Revit is a plus
- Must be capable of making autonomous decisions based on experience and project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work and communicate with all departments within Company, as well as clients, Utilities, local authorities etc.
- Work with our team of Project Managers to process utility incentives
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to write technical proposals and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in HVAC Design
- CEM, highly preferred
- Independent decision making is required.
- Computer skills using MS Office products.
- Enthusiasm, attitude and discipline are important characteristics.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.