System One is seeking an Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer for a Major International Manufacturer of Farming and Industrial equipment.
Job Title: Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer
The prospective candidate MUST have a valid drivers’ license. Candidates with experience in the farm or automotive industries as well as a mechanical background, are encouraged to apply.
A background which includes any of the following experience is helpful:
- Experience with Agricultural or construction equipment
- Experience with hand tools and basic service techniques
- Experience with mechanical hydraulic and electrical systems operation and trouble shooting.
- Hands on machine background
Field testing would take approximately 60-70% of the time in the test field. Testing would also be conducted in Benson, on site. There may be a need for travel, 2-3 weeks in the summer - off site if needed.
This is a contract position – scheduled for 6 months (if the person performs well, the duration may be extended longer than 6 months)
Pay: $30 - $35/Hr. (Dependent upon Experience)
Hours 8-5 with O/T as needed and approved by manager
The function of the Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer is to plan, conduct and document functional, performance, interlock and diagnostic tests of sprayer systems & software, in support of the development of NAFTA Crop Protection systems to include:
- Support the development of design validation plans (DVP) for entire vehicle, including software/electronic systems related content.
- Develop detailed sub-system test specifications for functional, performance, interlock and diagnostic features of the vehicle systems and software.
- Conduct tests on vehicles in the lab and field, or in some cases on bench/simulators - collecting data as needed.
- The Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer will document the results of the test, including issue reporting into CTS tracking tools. Track and update issues as they are resolved; providing additional information and data as required, to the design teams.
- Maintain and communicate current issue status on a particular project, and alert supervisor to significant issues or roadblocks.
- Proactively support quality and reliability investigations related to current product issues - identify failure modes, root cause analysis and suggest fixes.
- As an Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer, you will provide Prototype Build support for all sprayer related activities.
- Interface effectively with support groups and internal customers such as design engineers, manufacturing etc.
Required Skills/Qualifications of the Agricultural Equipment Test Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Agricultural, Electrical or Mechanical).
Knowledge of CAN communications, ideally J1939 is a plus.
Experience in a lab environment with data acquisition systems and test instrumentation is desired
Vector CANalyzer, Somat (Edaq), PLC and CSM experience
The ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision and quickly learn new tools and techniques is required
Good communication (oral and written) and teamwork skills.
Good computer skills. The candidate should be experienced personal computers and MS Office products.
Name: Jaime Delgado