Teledyne Reynolds (a business unit of Teledyne Defense Electronics, LLC) has over 60 years of heritage supplying the highest quality, high voltage interconnect solutions to the most demanding of applications in the Military/Defense, High-end Industrial, Medical, Energy and Space industries.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team!
We are truly Everywhereyoulook!
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Well-established supplier of interconnect systems and high-voltage components for the aerospace industry in the Torrance area is seeking a Materials and Process Engineer (2-5 yrs experience) with the following qualifications:
- Develops new/troubleshoot existing materials processes, including, but not limited to, plastic/rubber molding, surface preparation, and epoxy and rubber encapsulating and bonding,
- Evaluates and validates new materials for use on new and existing electrical connectors, wires and cable assemblies
- Performs process improvement on existing process
- Implements statistical process controls or other process control methods using data collection and analysis
- Develops material and process specifications
- Maintains M&P document revisions
- Conducts and provides guidance to Technicians in the electrical and mechanical testing of materials and processes
- Reviews engineering drawings related to material and process selection
- Performs electrical tests on materials or parts
- Researches new materials and processes for advance product development
- Determine whether material and processes comply with ROHS and/or REACH
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- A thorough understanding of adhesion, encapsulation and rubber/plastic molding processes are a plus
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Good analytical, oral and written communications skills
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Must be a U.S. Person or U.S. Citizen
This position is not eligible for relocation.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.