Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is seeking an Environmental Project / Senior Project Manager in our Long Beach California office.
This position is structured for someone with technical experience and expertise and will combine technical, financial, and interpersonal management skills while working with a team of engineers, geologists, health and safety specialists, and subcontractors.
This safety-sensitive position reports to a Long Beach Office Leader and will lead project teams on a variety of assignments including: work plan/proposal preparation, risk based corrective action report writing and review, regulatory interaction, SPCC & SWPPP preparation, design and implementing corrective action, soil and groundwater subsurface site assessments, UST removal, excavation oversight, health and safety oversight and Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments.
This is a full-time role based in Long Beach California with up to 30 % travel required.
Antea®Group focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Education and Training
• A minimum requirement of a BS in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related science field
• 7 years of environmental consulting experience
• Direct experience working with Railroad clients will be given preferred consideration
• Professional certification in a related field (PE, PG) given Preferred consideration
• 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is required
• Proven track record of strong project management performance in environmental consulting or related field
• Staff direct report experience including all facets of team building, HR management, performance evaluations, and junior staff mentoring/training
• Experience in environmental remediation, compliance, and due diligence
• Experience in petroleum terminal and pipelines, railroad, and UST projects, including up to date investigation and remediation technical approaches
• Experience in pushing projects through regulatory programs and negotiating closure with regulators
• Multi-state regulatory experience with skills advancing projects from new release through final regulatory closure, including use of applicable risk-based closure standards
• Sub-contractor coordination including bid spec development, contracting and insurance/safety review, project award and field supervision;
Fundamental Skill Set
• Strong organizational skills/attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, especially writing skills
• High energy and self-initiative
• Decision making skills
• Ability to multi-task with multiple project managers
• Ability to work independently and produce results
• Proactive thinking
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, particularly proficient in technical writing
• Ability to delegate to and mentor staff resources
• Ability to identify staffing needs evaluating portfolio level scope/schedule backlog
• Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license and possess a safe driving record.
Antea®Group offers excellent benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categories
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME