ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Perform initial and ongoing design reviews, deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors, Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies. Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project. Develop CAD project drawings and review drawings from junior team members for accuracy. Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of employer. However, duties typically include:
• Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
• Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
• Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
• Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Key skills for mechanical engineers
• Effective technical skills
• The ability to work under pressure
• Problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Commercial awareness
• Team working skills.
Critical skills & Abilities: Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
• OJT - Will use company systems -- PRT and/or MX Open
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent years of work experience
• Licensed as a BSME a plus
• 4+ years' project management experience
• 2+ years' experience in an engineering leadership role
• Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
• Excellent prioritization and project development skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled