The Materials Operations Manager, LEAN will be part of the Manufacturing Leadership Team within the Thomasville Site, and will be responsible for leading and directing Manufacturing Materials Control Activities to ensure safe and efficient operations, by establishing standards, procedures and policies to support the continuous improvement contributing to inventory accuracy and warehouse layout efficiency. This role will develop a material movement TEAM by joining the Outfeed, Receiving and Material Handling groups and directing/executing all activities related to movement of materials including feeding and relieving production lines, Receiving and Outfeed.
improve plant operations.
- Inventory Control - Document and maintain inventory control procedures; Supervise and monitor inventory cycle counts. (SOX Compliance)
- Develop and Standardize Safety Procedures for Onboarding and Training for all Fork Lift Operations.
- Utilize the OPL process to Coach and motivate team to proactively address potential safety issues and concerns
- Foster and develop a strong team of material handling personnel & leaders through selective recruitment, thorough and consistent on-boarding process, training, coaching, and identification and addressing of competency gaps within team
- Design, develop, and implement solutions for improving material flows through the factory using Lean Principles (5S, Visual Factory, Kanban, etc)
- Optimizing layout and space requirements, reducing line impact, analyzing and reviewing product flow, and evaluating/proposing solutions to improve.
- Implement paper and core storage processes to ensure FIFO.
- Root Cause Analysis - Review and evaluate internal controls related to inventory control misses, buy creating and developing standard procedures / routines to identify, correct and prevent misses.
- Integrate material handlers and shipping/receiving teams to optimize material flow.
- Establish recycling practices for as much of the waste products as possible.
METRICS (Included but not limited too):
- # OPL’s/Week
- Near Miss Reporting
- 5S Standards
- Inventory Accuracy 99%
- Line Downtime related to wrong or waiting on materials
- Receiving Cycle Time Reduction
- Material Damage
- Aging/Obsolete Inventory
- Forklift Fleet Optimization (Maintenance & Quantity)
- Optimized Space Utilization
- Labor Efficiency
- Team Growth and Development
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics/supply chain management or related field with 3 – 5 years of manufacturing experience in materials management.
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing; prior experience managing people in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Excellent data and analysis skills. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data in a concise, well organized form.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to track details of multiple projects at multiple stages without getting lost in the details.
- Self-directed, pro-active, get-it-done approach, driven to work with and through others to find and deliver results on time.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate on a professional level verbally and in writing about technical issues, product specifications, etc.
- Highly proficient computer skills – Very strong Excel skills; WMS, Minitab, Word, and SAP skills also preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have an inner drive to continually learn and improve; a constant dissatisfaction with the status quo and the self-confidence to work with others to find and develop new, better solutions are key attributes for success in this position.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.