Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Temple Terrace, FL
Duration: 6+ Months
Problems are diverse and generally complex in nature. Diversified duties requiring an extensive knowledge of a particular field and the ability to determine the appropriate course of action based on complex and competing issues.
Responsible for partnering with Client's External & Internal business partners to migrate IEN (Intelligent Edge Network)
Physical/logical customers that are traversing across our multifaceted Network, to include Network Layers 1/ Layer 2 technology.
- Candidate must possess strong technical background within Layers 1, & 2
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of telecom equipment.
- Access various DXC, Transport & router system from remote terminals
- Broad understanding of Internet & Routing Protocols; BGP, VLAN, IPv4 & IPv6
- Knowledge of NNI, UNI & PVC technologies and their usage within a data network
- Experience with Network Routing Equipment; various series of Cisco, Juniper & Tellabs routers
- Perform router configurations for migrating customer circuits across Layers 2 & 3
- Capable of isolating issues such as Continuity, Latency, Packet Loss & Traffic Throughput
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer and communication skills are essential Applicant should be familiar or able to learn Transport software platforms, test set operations and be prepared to learn new technology as it enters into the Client Network. Ciena Site Manager, Ciena Node Manager, Cisco CTC, Fuji Netsmart, Coriant/Siemens, putty or equivalent terminal emulation program, VNC, ReVeal RXTS, COA Global, Avaya, and various Microsoft office applications.
(Minimum requirements to perform the role at a satisfactory level)
-Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications equipment, processes and systems as well as department policies and procedures.
-A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science is desired; however, Router Certifications or equivalent work experience will be strongly considered
-Associates degree in electronics and 4-6 years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desktop Computer skills is essential.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements:
The technician must have good written and verbal communications skills and must present a cordial and professional image of our company when working with various teams.
The technician must be a self-starter, keep detailed notes, and must be willing to learn on their own.
Dependable attendance and punctuality is essential.
The job requires a technician to work scheduled tours, in a 7 day x 24 hour x 365 day operations environment.