The Director of Quality - Aerospace will be responsible for supporting quality engineering requirements for new product development activities, customer quality approvals, production support and continuous improvement efforts ensuring continued certification to AS9100 Rev. D, ISO9001:2008, applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations, and Department of Defense (DOD) Regulations.
Our latest client is an electronic instruments and systems provider for the aerospace and defense industry. This North Shore-based business unit is part of a global, publicly-held organization which spans 200+ manufacturing facilities internationally.
- Design, qualify, test & certify pressure transducers and other electromechanical sensing devices
- Provide quality coaching to staff, peers, associates and management team, thereby enhancing their skills in efficient execution of procedures to drive improved customer satisfaction.
- Manage teams in areas of quality management/operational excellence in a high volume and diversified manufacturing environment
- Represent Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production.
- Communicate with customers and government quality representatives (FAA & DCMA) on quality issues. Form positive/productive customer/FAA/DCMA relationships based on data and continual improvement.
- Implement and maintain a quality management system (QMS) by flowing down customer/government quality clauses & requirements into internal procedures, i.e. a sustainable QMS that supports Business Unit objectives via ISO 9001/AS 9100 certifications.
- Review Engineering Orders and participate in new design product/design review in order to ensure quality requirements are identified and captured in appropriate documentation.
- Develop, prepare and implement Quality Program Plans for new and existing customers and products.
- Function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, will consider Manufacturing Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Lead Quality Engineer and 2-3 years as a manager in a manufacturing environment required; Aerospace manufacturing environment is preferred (knowledge of FAA 14CFR Part 21 and FAA 14 CFR Part 145 requirements).
- Lead a Quality Engineering team across multiple locations - MA, CA, and Mexico
- Global, market-leading organization
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Strategic role expected to make key business decisions
- Strong benefits package
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus
- Stocks program
BS Engineering + 5 years of Quality Management in aerospace manufacturing
Name: Daniel Ferzoco
FAX: 001 617 428 3793