Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
Serve as primary Safety and Environmental Technician for the Moyock ACADEMI Training Center as a member of the Corporate Risk Management and Safety Department.
OSHA, EPA, and Other External Standards:
• Ensure workforce complies with OSHA and EPA requirements
• Identify training and certification requirements to perform applicable activities
• Support development of Workplace, Job, and Activity Hazard Analyses (WHA, JHA, AHA)
• Review hazardous waste collection, storage, marking, manifesting, and disposal processes to ensure compliance with federal and local environmental regulations
• Manage applicable site registrations and permits
• Support OSHA and BLS recordkeeping and reporting
• Keep abreast of OSHA, EPA, and other relevant external safety and environmental standards/regulations and support OSHA/EPA interaction
Internal Safety Inspections and Internal Audits:
• Coordinate and conduct routine facility safety and environmental compliance inspections, document results, and perform follow up actions to assure timely resolution of any issues
• Conduct internal audits on safety and environmental related policies and procedures
External Inspections and Certifications:
• Support external safety and environmental related inspections or audits
• As applicable, support achievement of external safety and environmental related certifications
Support Incident Analysis:
• Following applicable corporate policies and procedures, support review of incidents to include root cause analysis, identification of corrections/corrective actions; and conducting follow-up activities to assure effectiveness
• Work with applicable staff to implement controls to address safety observations and near misses
• Assist with the development and implementation of clear and concise safety-related policies/directives/procedures
• Coordinate required safety and environmental training
• Promote and distribute safety and environmental awareness communications
• Facilitate applicable safety and environmental related meetings and presentations
• Track applicable facility metrics and prepare summary reports
• Provide input on safety and environment requirements for business proposals
• Support maintenance of corporate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) intranet site
• Provide input into corporate HSE Newsletter and internal website HSE Corner
• Support corporate HSE initiatives
• Support monitoring of Safety Hotline
• Support corporate incident investigations and inspections (as needed)
• Must be willing to operate a company vehicle
• Other duties as assigned
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
• Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
• Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
• On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
• Employee Referral Program
• Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Up to 10% domestic travel may also be required.
Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions also required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled