- Technician will perform annual preventive maintenance work at a static location. This will include hands-on work to complete the necessary work within Jones Lang LaSalle standards and guidelines.
- The position will also include hands-on repair & maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, card access systems, door & gates systems, building envelope systems, grounds and parking lots, interior finish systems, lighting systems, and various other R&M tasks associated with operation of a commercial property.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair service work on HVAC, water chillers, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and various other building systems to maintain the properties in peak operational condition.
- Identify energy savings opportunities at facilities including system and operational changes that can decrease the property’s energy consumption.
- The Technician also effortlessly performs routine building maintenance, plumbing and other tasks as necessary.
- Technician must be able to independently plan work assignments, perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision, and assist as a helper in other trades and in the general maintenance and operation of buildings and grounds.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment. Will require daily interaction with teams in person, on the phone, and via email in order to perform the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Possess hands on skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and maintenance on commercial HVAC systems (including, pumps, motors, air handlers, automation/controls systems, and associated electrical systems) using industry standard tools and in accordance with all codes, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite), skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web based applications, and ability to use handheld electronic devices (PDA, Blackberry, cell phone, etc.).
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse relationships with team members, contractors, building occupants and clients.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Self starter with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Minimum Required Education:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial HVAC service and repairs or 5 years military experience that includes work on HVAC systems.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Universal CFC certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.