Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Henderson, Nevada office as a/n Environmental Technician. This is a full-time position eligible for benefits.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Staff level Environmental Technician to work as part of a team on environmental related tasks in Henderson, NV. The environmental technician will be primarily responsible for collecting environmental samples and operating, maintaining, monitoring and reporting on environmental remedial systems. The successful candidate will provide support to project managers, scientists, and engineers with sampling, measurements, inspection, data collection, and system operations and maintenance (O&M) activities. The work will include:
• Inspection, operation and maintenance of remediation systems including groundwater treatment and recovery systems;
• Collection of samples from groundwater monitoring wells, treatment system influent/effluent, and surface water and submitting samples following chain-of-custody procedures. Regular procurement of liquid level data from groundwater monitoring wells;
• Implement all work in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
• Accurately documenting all activities on established field forms. Calibration and maintenance of electronic field monitoring equipment and calibration logs;
• Reporting field gathered data to the project manager;
• Maintain an excellent relationship with Site personnel and contractors;
• Maintaining the good working order of all tools and equipment and identifying those tools and equipment not in a safe and functional manner.
The Environmental Technician must be a self-starter, detail oriented and mechanically inclined. The Environmental Technician must possess good communication skills as daily communication with the project team regarding client schedules, system operation issues, site security issues and general site health and safety are paramount to the success of the project. Must have a clean driving record.
1 - 3 years of previous related experience. Current 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus.
AA, BA, or BS in Environmental Science or related field.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies