CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AH23J Environmental Health & Safety, Exempt
Environmental, Health & Safety
The Process Safety Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and improving the Woodward, Oklahoma CF Facility process safety management system. As a member of the EHS Team, the incumbent plays a critical role in incorporating process safety in the overall EHS management system. This incumbent will serve as a technical and proficient subject matter expert. Major responsibilities include the ongoing development and implementation of systems and processes to reduce risk and drive continuous improvement in process safety.
- Provide guidance to facility as a subject matter expert on the existing process safety management system, including, but not limited to hazard identification, risk assessment and risk management practices, such as Process Hazard Analysis (PHA - including LOPA), Management of Change (MOC), and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR).
- Ensure the facility’s process safety management system and associated programs and practices are maintained to minimize risk and ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations as well as company standards and RAGAGEP.
- Manage risk assessments and provide direction on how to address risk, as well as define the scope of the risk assessments and determine appropriate risk assessment methodologies.
- Establish and implement procedures to manage change and conduct PSSRs, monitor process for unrecognized changes, and ensure that appropriate risk reviews are conducted for changes.
- Communicate and train on process safety metrics, as well as propose new leading/lagging indicators for purpose.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of process safety training programs and assists in the development of process safety policies.
- Develops policy/practice to ensure workforce involvement in process safety.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments and management to ensure process safety fundamentals and best practices are integrated, understood and implemented in appropriate areas such as operating procedures, engineering practices, and asset integrity.
- Identifies and leads training/education on identifying process safety incidents and near misses per company requirements and API RP 754.
- Provides expertise during process safety incident investigations and aids in determining appropriate action items to address root causes (corrective and preventive).
- Support the facility during process safety/RMP audits, manages action plans and focuses efforts based on risk prioritization.
Leadership, Communication & Development:
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with required personnel and management to relay technical information as it related to process safety performance and improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers and is an agent of change.
- Assist in personnel development in alignment with process safety competency expectations.
- Actively participate and engage as a member of the EHS team, collaborate and contribute to the overall improvement of EHS.
- Actively participate in the Process Safety Council as a designated representative for Woodward, OK CF Facility.
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful Incumbents will have:
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK