Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cryptologic Carry-on Program (CCOP), a full lifecycle systems provider, demonstrates SPAWAR's ability to respond rapidly to emerging threats. CCOP's family of systems are scalable to platform, re-configurable to mission, modular (plug and play), and dynamically re-programmable to support new threats. By using CCOP, the Navy has the ability to field innovative capabilities to respond to emerging threats within 10 days of notification. CCOP's wide range of capabilities include engineering support, software development, integration, testing, technical writing, Cybersecurity (administration, policy and engineering), production, technical support, warehousing, drafting, repair and management.
As a Fleet Electronic Support (FES) Technician, this position performs a variety of complex technical functions in support of the CCOP and FES activity such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, and assembly of electronic systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limted to:
• Performing on-site installation, troubleshooting, and testing of CCOP products and equipment
• Providing technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
• Providing maintenance training to include junior level electronics technicians, FES CTMs, and support staff to perform general fabrication, assembly, configuration, test and evaluation, and documentation tasks
• Establishing procedures for the maintenance of FES laboratory facilities and equipment including cable diagrams, equipment schematics, and configurations to support various CCOP system arrangements. Will train personnel to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment
• Providing written and/or oral status updates of current installations as well as support provided to Atlantic Fleet platforms to supervisor and In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) personnel
• Providing technical distance and on-site support to deployed U.S. NAVY units
• Working as a NAVINTEL IA Trusted Agent
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of the HF, VHF and UHF Radio Frequency spectrum to include working with calibration and testing equipment and antenna troubleshooting
• Familiarity with WINDOWS (7, XP), UNIX and LINUX (REDHAT or CentOS) operating systems
• Quality communication and writing skills
• Cable fabrication to include network, RF, and power cables
• Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• General working knowledge in reference to the hardware installation, system configuration, system administration and maintenance of Cryptologic Carry-On Program (CCOP) systems to include CORSAIR, DRT, HITS, GALE, REDFALCON, TEALITE, QUICKSHOT, OFM and TURBULENTWAVE
• Fleet Eletronic Support (FES) experience
• SECURITY + Certification - Must optain and maintain within 6 months of hire
• Understanding of computer system file structures and networking
• Command line interface experience
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled