Position Description Overview
The Senior Industrial Engineer is accountable for analyzing Print operations for process improvements that contribute to First Data’s Budget targets. They perform work method analysis and design, develop and maintain operator Performance Measurement Systems, evaluate new equipment for potential purchase, and provide facility layout documentation through the use of AutoCAD software. This employee’s primary focus is on project definition, management, and implementation with savings to the bottom line. They will interface with all levels of First Data management. Business case preparation, sign- off, and implementation is a big portion of this position. A major requirement of the Senior Industrial Engineer is having the ability to communicate and sell projects to First Data Output Services senior management team. This position requires strong management experience and the ability to make it happen.
As a Senior Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing operations for bottlenecks, non-value added tasks, and process/productivity improvements.
- Determining internal departmental needs for improvement and partner with appropriate managers to implement solutions.
- Defining, managing and implementing projects with focus on expense reduction.
- Performing work method analysis and design, utilizing traditional Industrial Engineering tools.
- Preparing business cases including sign-off and implementation.
- Focusing on project management and implementation with savings to the bottom line.
- Presenting findings to management and leads process improvement projects.
- Sharing best practices with other companies exchanging information and coordinating on-site visits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited college of Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years Industrial Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering functions related to productivity improvement, equipment capacity analysis, incentive programs, staffing requirements, and facility layout.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities related to ongoing projects.
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Operations and Call Center functions are focused on providing the outstanding client service, support and experiences that are critical to our ongoing success. Our Operations owner-associates are responsible for the stability of our global network infrastructure by helping our financial institution clients with various aspects of transaction processing, including statement management, card production and ticket-issue resolution. Our Call Center owner-associates are often the first point of contact for our business clients, and they play an important role in driving client satisfaction. They are responsible for answering questions and resolving problems on a wide range of issues, including account activation inquiries, potential fraudulent activity and our full range of products and services.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.