System One Services is currently seeking a Senior Telecommunications Engineer for a 11-month contract assignment located in Las Vegas, NV. LOCAL candidates only - Per Diem and Mob/Demob are not available for this position.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Leading Telecommunication Engineering, planning, Designing, and implementation activities.
- Serving as the technical lead for Microwave design, and network planning activities, including selection of best solutions for backhaul.
- Designing Fiber Optic backhaul communication systems over private digital wide area network.
- Design physical security systems for first line of defense at Substations.
- Ability to provide accurate time and cost estimates, create/track work orders, and account for budget variances and financial reporting.
- Provide project management and work coordination for large projects. Assist in reviewing department workload levels and recommend changes to work allocations as necessary.
- Development and review engineering/equipment/installation standards.
- Create technical RFQ/RFP documents for system and /or service offerings by developing, writing, evaluating, and administering vendor RFPs.
- Ability to interact with vendors to review and evaluate technical product offerings.
- Negotiate and administer contracts for telecommunications services and resources.
- Familiarization with FCC codes, regulations, licensing, and spectrum management.
- Designs and troubleshoots telecommunications and network communications systems.
- Provides provisioning and programming of telecommunications or network equipment including phone systems, remote terminal devices, switches, routers and SONET equipment.
- Specifies and orders carrier services from telecommunications providers and phone companies.
- Design efforts include analog/digital microwave radios, fiber optic cable systems, Lightwave/SONET networks, trunked and conventional mobile radio systems, digital/analog multiplex, data communications equipment, remote telemetry, AC/DC power systems, communication hut buildings and tower/antenna and propane fired portable generator systems.
- Develop and review engineering/equipment/installation standards.
- Provide project management for complex projects and technical support for communication field crews and engineers.
- Communicates with various contingencies including executives, employees, vendors, customers, and outside agencies.
- Microwave and Fiber Backhaul planning, and implementation on MPLS Architecture.
- Work with Network Planning on transmission/microwave path equipment ordering, engineering and filings.
- Provide for accurate time and cost estimates, create and track work orders, account for budget variances and written correspondence to include technical Request for Proposals (RFPs) and PowerPoint presentation materials.
- Coordinate workflow and provide project management on a large-scale basis.
- Assist in reviewing department workload levels and recommend changes to work allocations as necessary.
- Equipment selection and ordering as needed.
- Meeting deadlines of projects.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering and 8 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience of 12 years.
- 5 years of telecommunications or networking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- RTU and SCADA experience is required.
- Familiarity with Microwave path studies, and providing Close Out paperwork.
Contract Duration: 11 months
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Name: Susan Piercy