This role is to be filled by candidates with sizeable experience in the field of structural design of buildings. Candidates shall possess a minimum experience of 10 years in detail design of buildings inside Chemical plants, Oil & Gas industries, Power plants, other Industrial projects and/or commercials buildings.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary capital project design team, a Structural engineer is responsible for the design of structural components of Buildings within petro-chemical facilities. He/ She shall utilize applicable design criteria, design tools, best practices, and established work processes to complete detailed design packages. He/ She will work with other disciplines to complete targeted tasks and assemble contract packages in accordance with the project schedule.
He/ She shall perform calculations and coordination of design activities in order to produce information, specifications, and documentation for the construction of Buildings. Projects may include new construction, renovations, alterations, and/or additions.
The Key Activities of a Buildings Structural Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Conversant with International codes & standards, preferably AISC, ACI, IBC, ASCE, and AISI.
- Structural design of foundations, concrete, structural steel, masonry elements and systems of buildings. This includes developing calculations, overseeing the creation of drawings, creating specifications, and leading the structural design of the building.
- Provide cost-effective design solutions with safety-in-design as a top priority. Provide value engineering on existing designs to provide value to Client.
- Deliver Quality project deliverables adhering to Client drafting standards and work processes.
- Supervise the creation of 3D model for design progress & subsequent extraction of drawings for construction, compliant with the work processes.
- Accountable for quality & timely execution of the assigned scope of work.
- Coordinate work with in-house building disciplines (Architectural, Structural, HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical).
- Responsible for assigning and coordinating the work of structural designers.
- Update and develop project specifications from Client’s EMETL.
- Support the Structural Technology Resource Network as required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on building design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited University. Master’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management is a positive, but not required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required. Registration as a Structural Engineer is a positive, but not required.
- Self-starter with initiative, effective oral, written and electronic communication skills, and organization skills.
- Strong initiative and team dynamics capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and time-management skills.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of detail design leads/ designers, including other detail design disciplines and personnel from diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Past experience with structural design of foundations, concrete, structural steel, masonry and layouts and details.
- Experiences in all project phases (FEED/ FEL/ Basic Engineering, Detail Design, and Solving Construction issues during start up).
- Past construction experience is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient use of 2D and 3D modeling Design tools.
- Availability to travel to sites (approximately 5-15% of the time) for field verification and willingness to work with a global team.
- Software Proficiencies in:
SP3D and Tekla (preferred, but not required)
Bentley Micro station V7 or V8i (preferred, but not required)
Autodesk AutoCAD (required)
Autodesk Revit (This is a big positive, but not required)
MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
STAAD Pro (required)
Foundation 3D/ Mat 3D
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Name: Glenn Crowley