GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies? solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
GP Strategies has an immediate need for an Instructor to support a large aerospace client in Seattle, WA. This is a part-time position and the schedule is typically 6:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Monday ? Friday. However, days can vary through the week and the average amount of hours per week is 24.
- Confers with management/client to understand work situation. Performs needs, job and task analysis to determine training required for trainees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations and technologies.
- Recommends an implementation plan for development of instructional methods and delivery of individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Designs and develops teaching outlines and specific training to address the client needs by incorporating methods and requirements of instructional systems such as Instructional Systems Development (ISD), Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) or Training Systems Development (TSD) process.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Delivers training sessions covering specified areas of technical specialty.
- Designs and develops exams to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of recommended training.
- Evaluates training programs and reports on trainee progress.
- Maintains training programs and materials.
- Travels to client sites as needed.
- Understanding of manufacturing systems (process planning, installation planes, etc.) through formal degree and/or experience
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) principles
- Manage basic technology to deliver (PC, PowerPoint, Internet, Windows, etc.)
- Understanding of Adult learning principles ? recognize the dynamics and behavioral styles of the participants to effectively guide the discussion
- Challenge learners assumptions to expose gap between knowledge, action and beliefs
- Facilitate dialog that helps learner make sense of content and build confidence
- Flexible and Resourceful to solve immediate problems and get help when needed
- Ability to adapt in challenging circumstances
- Develop a high degree of industry context and maintain industry knowledge as it relates to Manufacturing, Aerospace, MOM and PLM
- Understanding of Aerospace Manufacturing
- Knowledge of the ?5 Moments of Need? learning theory
- Understanding of PLM use in Aerospace
- Prior experience working for an Aerospace company
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.