Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
- Subsidized busing from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley
Posting Title:Electrical Reliability Engineer
Location:Green River, WY
The Electrical Reliability Engineer is an experienced cross-functional leader in electrical plant design, maintenance and asset management who engages directly with engineers, supervisors and technicians to resolve critical time-sensitive plant problems. As a Subject Matter Expert, the ERE can expect to incorporate reliability standards minimizing downtime and creating strategies for assessment of equipment’s lifespan, purchasing and commissioning equipment. The successful candidate will have proven experience working in medium/high voltage, power system relay protection, power generation and distribution systems.
- Improve SHE (safety, health, and environmental) performance and reduce plant electrical equipment downtime by improving reliability
- Preventative and predictive maintenance electrical Pd/PM program development and oversight
- Identification of top electrical reliability priorities
- Development and execution of reliability improvement plans
- Track benefits to the business
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and continuously improve Pd/PM programs
- Check effectiveness with periodic quality checks
- Analyze SHE impact, production loss, cost, equipment failure frequency to determine :bad actors,' develop corresponding reliability improvement plans, and facilitate execution of them in a structured and timely manner
- Validate the effectiveness of the RIPs and track business benefits
- Lead, pr participate in as a functional expert, RCAs related to equipment failures and SHE impacts
- Provide Electrical Maintenance Engineering with coaching and support
- Provide guidance ot ensure reliability and maintainability of electrical equipment
- Participate in the development of electrical equipment upgrades, specifications and commissioning plans
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Electrical Engineering
- 6 years of relevant Manufacturing or Industrial Maintenance or Plant Engineering experience
- Experience with software programs for load flow analysis and relay coordination, maintenance management and ERP systems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 9 years of relevant Manufacturing or Industrial Maintenance or Plant Engineering experience
- Experience and knowledge of thermography
- Vibration analysis experience
- SAP experience
- Meridium experience
- Certified Reliability Engineer
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.