Tetra Tech has an opening for an Environmental Engineer/Scientist to provide environmental support to various environmental assessment/remediation projects in the southeastern United States. Work includes due diligence work and various environmental projects including soil, soil vapor, groundwater investigations, installation and maintenance of remediation systems, field sampling and field supervision of remediation projects. Limited relocation may be available for strongly qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct field work for Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments;
• Perform Investigations at CERCLA, RCRA, and Petroleum Sites.
• Collection of soil and water samples using various sampling techniques;
• Conduct biological/ecological field surveys, plant community mapping, mitigation monitoring;
• Report writing, generation of figures, tables, and database management;
• Sediment control assessments and monitoring;
• Site remediation implementation;
• Compliance Plans (SWPP, SPCC, etc.);
• Permitting and regulatory compliance;
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Natural Resources or engineering disciplines is required.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in excellent standing within the company standards.
• Must be able to pass background screening requirements including criminal history, motor vehicle check, drug testing, etc.
• Must be highly motivated, self-starters that want to establish a career in environmental consulting.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies