Assembly The Plant IT Engineer has the responsibility of implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting IT applications in the plant to ensure maximum contribution to productivity, quality and responsiveness. The Plant IT Engineer also facilitates the implementation of IT enablers in the plant to support the Company"s Process efforts in terms of flexible and lean manufacturing, error proofing and manufacturing execution systems. This position provides an excellent opportunity both to apply IT skills to manufacturing, and to acquire manufacturing experience that will enhance long-term career potential. Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation. Requires rotating schedule to support business processes. Days, nights and or weekends. Work in a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant. Provide technical support for IT Applications and Infrastructure. The position focuses on the integration and long term maintenance of the production scheduling execution systems in an assembly setting.
- Experience in managing application and hardware support in a manufacturing setting, including defining, updating and adherence to operating procedures.
- Delivering technical support to site to achieve optimal throughput using monitoring, and other benchmarking metrics to achieve peak operational performance.
- Experience with robust change control processes.
- Experience and or Knowledge of Project Management processes.
- Strong Communication skills including experience working with Business management and global teams
- Good understanding of variety of application architectures and networking
- Experience in providing IT support in an onshore/offshore model is preferred.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields, or other experiences in manufacturing will be evaluated.