The Co-Op position is designed to support a student’s current education and give a them the opportunity to get hands-on exposure to day-to-day operations and assist with the design, build and test of new product development and product support initiatives at Miller Electric Mfg. Co. This position will be part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
• Initially assist with the build and test of product to gain a basic understanding of the product assembly processes and testing procedures.
• Support of NPD and Sustaining Engineering initiatives.
Under the direction of an experienced Miller Engineer or Lab Technician, assist with the following:
• Run engineering tests (heat tests, VA curves, abnormal tests, new design verification/reliability testing)
• Conduct Third-Party certification testing (CAN/CSA-E60974, CE, etc.) and work with the Third-Party Coordinator to construct and create third party certification reports
• Diagnose and correct issues arising in units from production, lab and reliability tests required. (Work with production, service, engineering, and marketing to solve field issues related to reliability and customer satisfaction)
• Assistance with maintaining the lab area and improvements to the lab
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and technical knowledge
- Pursing two-year technical degree in electronics, electro-mechanical or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be proactive in recognizing improvement opportunities are necessary
- Ability to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to effectively utilize and operate lab test equipment; digital voltage meter, oscilloscope, data logger, etc.