Aerospace Source Inspector to support multiple suppliers across Minnesota
NTS Unitek provides quality supply chain services including: quality engineering, auditing and inspection services for Aerospace clients worldwide.
We have an immediate need for a local, part-time, employee in Minnesota to perform aerospace source inspections on behalf of NTS Unitek and our Clients. Approximately 4 visits per month to start but activity may increase to support more Clients.
- Must have aerospace inspection experience performing first articles per AS9102, in-process and final inspections.
- The ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, geometric dimensioning and tolerances per ANSI/ASME Y 14.5.
- The ability to perform mechanical measurement for verifying the compliance of complex machined, formed, cast, forged, and assembled aircraft structure.
- The ability to support urgent production requirements with minimal advance notification.
Responsibilities may include:
- Inspectors are required to navigate throughout the customer’s supplier portal to access all information within (i.e. revision levels, PO note codes, specs, etc.)
- Inspect entire manufactured lot presented for source inspection; verification that 100% visual and 100% part marking has been completed. Verify the part marking approval process has been followed correctly.
- If sample inspection is utilized, verify sample plans meet all requirements.
- Verify Purchase Order requirements; manufacturing/inspection traveler to ensure all operations were completed and accepted in accordance with the applicable requirements.
- Review manufacturing/inspection operations for any process interruptions that may have an adverse effect on product quality, such as heat treat, oven curing, plating, soldering, welding, brazing, etc., have been properly reworked or dispositioned through the Customer; MRB.
- Responsible to verify that approved Special Process suppliers are used for restricted specifications and Special Processes for all Customer designed product. Verify all certifications have correct specifications and are signed and dated.
- As required, verify the ATP is approved and revision controlled. Applicable Functional Test data sheets (i.e. ATP) and inspection operations are complete and acceptable. Test Witnessing may be required per the PO.
- Review Quality History for prior escapes and that corrective action and containment has been completed.
- Review that First Article is complete and meets purchase order requirements.
- 3+ years of hands-on aerospace industry experience required; working with AS9100 and AS9102.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen to support a government contractor.
- Must be able to pass visual acuity requirements.
- Qualified applicants must provide a detailed resume reflecting the above job description, containing the needed skill sets and experience to be considered.
Name: Unitek Technical Services, Inc
Ph: (703) 961-9901