Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Must be able to evaluate, assess, and make recommendations on processes in the distribution centers that will improve the Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Costs associated with all activities performed. Must be a change agent with Lean skills and possess the ability to effectively educate and influence others and gain acceptance of proposed changes. Through observation and analysis, independently identify opportunities for improvement. Must be able to develop and execute high level projects and manage others in the execution of the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct time studies and task review to eliminate wastes and reduce bottlenecks, as well as to maximize productivity and balance lines/work cells within the operation.
- Develop operations measurement standards, as well as drive Activity Based Costing initiatives within the logistics group.
- Manage network SKU slotting and fixed material handling utilization, as well as develop justifications for material handling solutions improvements.
- Generate weekly efficiency/productivity reports, as well as other distribution reports as needed.
- Evaluate/establish new operational layouts/work cells.
- Develop best practices through continuous improvement, as well as provide focus through value stream mapping.
- Establish standardization within the distribution network, as well as train operators/super-users as required.
- Responsible development, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of engineered production standards and best-method practices
- Administer business plan development with senior management team within the logistics network.
- Evaluate inventory, labor, customer service and capital costs implications within projects.
- Develop RFQ’s and RFP’s related to logistics projects, as well as work with outside vendors on development of project requirements based off of project scope. Also evaluates bids/vendor proposals.
- Assist in development of incentive pay programs for performance.
- Chair Kaizen/Lean/Continuous Improvement events with the Corporate Logistics group.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or comparable job experience.
- A minimum of (3) years of distribution experience preferably in the areas of training and
employee development management.
- Lean Certification
- Computer skills including:
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel 2010 or newer version, such as creating graphs and charts.
- Intermediate skills in MS Word 2010 or newer version, such as using tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar.
- Intermediate skills in MS Power Point 2010 or newer version such as working with templates, using multimedia objects and custom animations, adding interactions, and publishing completed presentations.
- Ideal candidate will have two or more years of user experience in SAP
- Working knowledge of the distribution industry including industrial equipment operation, picking, packing, and receiving put-away methodologies.
- Must have a working knowledge of CADD programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.