Kforce is immediately seeking an experienced Software Defined Networking (SDN) Test Engineer for their global, intelligent networking and software innovation client in Milpitas, California (CA). Our client innovates everywhere; connecting people, things, processes, and data, reshaping technology across all aspects of life.
IoT s charter, as part of client's broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless (RF900 MHz, WiFi, 3G and 4G LTE), embedded and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks. You will use your strong Routing experience with some scripting experience to participate on a team of engineers involved in software testing of Network Engineering Products and Software. The job includes but is not limited to test planning, design, implementation, execution, automation, and regression. We have a strong focus on software engineering methodologies and processes.
- Contribute to the design of the test and automation strategy to ensure quality of our client's Products/Software
- Produce status reports for management and participate in regularly scheduled bug scrub meetings with the development team
- Champion quality improvement initiatives, and drive improvements to the test/automation methodology
- The job involves a great deal of cross functional interaction with development and marketing
- MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 3-5 years of experience
- Strong understanding and some of level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, Multicast, IGMP etc.)/WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, QoS, NAT, Multicast, etc.))
- Strong experience IOS XE and Linux is a must
- Scripting experience in Python and Tcl
- Good hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc.) and L2/L3 VPNs
- Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia)
- Experience in Cisco products is highly desirable
- Strong communication and leadership skills are essential
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.