SGSAutomotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerlandis seeking an experienced Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager capableof selling our portfolio of Engine and Vehicle testing services.
Looking for an intelligent, professional,customer savvy hunter capable of hitting the ground running.
- Proactivity lead sales and BD activity for assigned market/testing type/geography.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly and annual sales targets by actively creating new opportunities, expanding existing customer relationships and closing business.
- Identify new business opportunities by contacting potential customers, developing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships, discovering new opportunities and positioning our testing services.
- Manage schedule/calendar to maximize time spent when on road; Travel to client locations, meeting with prospects and participation in trade shows / industry meetings both inside and outside of normal business hours.
- Ensure KPI’s are consistently met (number of new/existing contacts, face to face meetings, presentations, proposal preparations, contact reports, account plans, event participation, etc.)
- Develop and deliver bespoke presentations and proposals based on customer specification / requirements.
- Work internally with a cross functional team (as needed) to develop and quote opportunities that meet the customer needs in order to deliver a professional proposal in a quick timeframe.
- Quickly respond to inquiries and leads, documenting progress through all stages of the sales cycle.
- Proactively develop and manage a growing sales pipeline, working closely with management to ensure the opportunity levels are sufficient to meet sales goals.
- Central point of contact for the customer maintaining an open line of communication allowing customers an opportunity to inform you of any issues that may influence satisfaction.
- Investigate concerns, develop solutions and make recommendations to management on how to best exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure test procedures are communicated promptly and correctly, and tests start on time. May lead or coordinate test programs based on need.
- Protect company integrity by maintaining confidentiality throughout frequent client discussions and communications
- Participate in professional associations, trade shows and other networking activities that elevate SGS profile; identify industry trends by researching sector publications and discussing potential needs with customers. Feedback findings to operations management and recommend potential new products and services.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations for professional industry events.
- Maintain knowledge of the SGS Group network and services, seek out and recommend synergistic opportunities whenever possible
Required Skills, Experience& Qualifications
- Degree in an applicable Technical/Engineering discipline or demonstrated experience / professional equivalent.
- Five or more years’ experience in a technical sales capacity developing new business
- Previous experience in applicable testing services
- High level of autonomy – able to manage schedule / time
- Quick learner and self-starter with strong follow up skills
- Established network of industry contacts
- Highly organized
- Must have a technical aptitude, willingness to be proactive and learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and proof-reading skills, pays attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Diplomatic – non confrontational
- Customer focused with strong networking skills
- Willing and able to work extended hours as required to complete proposals and close deals
- Comfortable working in a Microsoft environment utilizing outlook email and other necessary corporate business programs. High level of competency with Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel