Volt is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who has spent time in a manufacturing/machining environment. Candidate must be a team player, a self-starter, and must be able to perform with little supervision. If the candidate has quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment that would be a plus.
Applicants selected must have ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance
Senior Quality Engineering position with experience in aerospace, military and/or commercial-based quality systems. Able to develop, evaluate and improve quality assurance processes compliant to aerospace industry standards and expectations. Articulate in the presentation of aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions. Knowledge of discrepant material procedures (i.e., nonconformance reporting) Material Review Board (MRB), and corrective action is highly desirable. This position works independently as well as part of a team. Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings, parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Candidate should be fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications. Ideal candidate with a working knowledge of TipQA and Costpoint applications is desirable.
- Candidate will have recent work experience in quality management systems (e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, etc.) and other related standards. Must possess excellent written and oral communications, along with interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and multi-departmental goals.
- Candidate must have a work history of overall quality experience with four (4) or more continuous years with demonstrate knowledge of composite manufacturing and testing.
- Hands-on knowledge of inspection methods and techniques, the ability to work effectively with inspectors; both in-house and at Supplier locations.
- The candidate must have proven skills in developing and deploying continuous improvement initiatives to support product assurance quality base performance goals.
- The ideal candidate will be required to work closely with engineering and procurement professionals in the product assurance process to ensure the highest quality of procured hardware. This position requires
TOP THREE SKILLS:
- Degreed mechanical engineer
- Experience in manufacturing
- Familiar in GD&T
Ideal candidate shall possess related work experience working with mechanical piece parts and assemblies. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and in a multi-discipline team environment, providing insight and solutions to complicated issues both technical and procedural.
Work related experience should demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility. Extensive root cause and problem solving experience is highly desirable.
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.