Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer-III
Site: 6929 N Lakewood Ave Tulsa Oklahoma USA 7411
Description: Core Equipment Engineering (CEE) under the Wireline Network Operations and Engineering organization is responsible for working with many teams and systems to perform Center Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Project Coordination and the fulfillment of materials and services.
Perform detailed equipment engineering and project management for various Verizon Networks. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple, simultaneous projects to install equipment into Global network nodes in support of the Voice over IP (VoIP) Super Node, Converged SoftSwitch, Legacy TDM Switch, and SS7 networks. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of a build.
The Engineer will utilize Verizon Capacity Creation Process (CCP) system, Capital Management system, project costing, and other internal systems to ensure a timely deployment of a build as well as the expedited closing out of the finalized build.
Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Create detailed technical instructions (I-SPECs), and order equipment/cables/hardware.
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution.
- Manage multiple projects & associated budgets, provide timely reporting, and effectively coordinate with Planning, Vendor Technical Management, and Program Management organizations.
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, re-configurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates, Database Of Record completions, and all project milestones
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve project related issues
- Responsible to coordinate and schedule resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Visit locations for the purpose of end-of-job (EOJ) walk through / closing out jobs.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Sponsor, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
- Technical Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience with telecom equipment and detailed engineering
- Military experience desired
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal and team building capabilities
- Strong project planning and time management
- Demonstrates ability to influence organizational direction and initiatives across all levels
- Experience with SRM/SAP as well as expense and/or capital budgets
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proven experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and the Clarity Software Application suite
- Demonstrates competency in Telecommunications technologies, networks and processes
- Proven track record of leading multiple complex projects to successful completion
- PMP Certification is a plus
**If interested please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]**
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178