Serves as specialist in a group of technologies and services supported within technology.
- Work closely with Technology management, senior Engineers, and support teams on a regular basis to implement and manage the design, development, and execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed current and future needs of the organization.
- Responsibilities may include infrastructure architecture and design, research and development of new or expanded systems, creation of technology standards and policies, thorough analysis of user requirements and operational constraints, unit test and system integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Regularly and independently interact with business partners of varying associate and management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements.
- Coordinate vendor interactions and/or vendor resources as needed.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers, technicians, and integrators. Review documentation, proposals, and changes proposed by less experienced staff.
- Seek to expand knowledge and understanding of Financial Services trends, practices, and technologies on a continuous basis.
- Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards and procedures.
- Maintain a strong aptitude and working knowledge of Bank applications, systems, development environments. Maintain a detailed understanding of vendor technologies and services used by the Bank.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Manage Lexmark, HP, and Toshiba multi and single function printers
- Maintain vendor management consoles
- Manage Microsoft 2008-2016 servers
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Advanced print troubleshooting experience
Education and Experience Required:
Combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work experience in systems design, management and/or architecture
Strong understanding of the system development and infrastructure lifecycle and architecture, vendor best practices, IT Service Management, and systems design
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Minimum of 8 years' professional experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications
Ability to translate complex business and functional requirements into structured high quality implementations using any variety of industry standard approaches
Advanced technical skills
Advanced analytical skills
Advanced troubleshooting skills
Advanced problem-solving skills
Verifiable knowledge and advanced expertise in industry and/or vendor technologies
Able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with integrators, developers, and testers in the fast-paced environment
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Effective influencing skills
Strong knowledge of server/client and virtual technologies
Ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment