Title: Aerospace Planner/Buyer
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Location: Buena Park, CA (90620)
Duration: Direct Hire - Permanent
Work hours: 1st shift
Pay Rate: TBD - Depending on Experience
Responsible for balancing demand with supply, developing daily/weekly production plans and schedules, procurement of Direct and indirect (MRO) materials, for Norwich Aero Products, to ensure high customer OTD, while optimizing inventory and achieving “best price” for purchased raw materials and components.
- Analyzes MRP action messages develop production schedules and releases shop orders, ensuring a forward looking mindset to ensure issues are identified and resolved in advance
- Monitors and adjusts schedules to respond to sales/production requirements, while optimizing production capacity
- Provide Production clear priorities – what is required, when
- Ensures production has required materials, components and supplies prior to need date – strives to ensure no material shortages
- Manages and coordinates engineering changes
- Ensures timely purchases of Direct and indirect (MRO) requirements as driven by MRP or as specified by the business leadership
- Timely and consistently manage the RFQ, PO process – conduct cost analysis, negotiations and professional purchasing practices
- Obtain acknowledgement of purchase orders and ensures quality products are received from suppliers on time to ensure customer OTIF
- Document and report cost savings for the department, weekly/ monthly as required.
- Monitor supplier delivery, quality, lead time and cost – capture and reports metrics weekly/monthly
- Primary voice between Esterline and suppliers – facilitate supplier evaluations, corrective actions and other necessary activities – ensure a positive relationship with suppliers while maintaining objectivity
- Work closely with engineering and sales on the development and implementation of new projects
- Other activities as defined by the organization and/or management
- MUST have a Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of tactical procurement and supplier management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience developing production plans and schedules
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge and understanding of MRP – comfortable working with various ERP systems
- Advanced problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with team members and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative – working collaboratively within a team environment while managing multiple critical priorities and meeting deadlines (often with short notice)
- Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred
- Courses in APICS or CPSM (APICS or CPSM certification a plus)
- Must successfully pass both criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be US Person ( US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- FOR US CITIZENS - Must have original copy of US birth certificate and Photographic ID (Driver's or Identification) OR Active Passport OR Certificate of Naturalization
- FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS - Permanent Resident Card/Green Card.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Name: Cinthia Contreras