HollyFrontier Navajo Refining Company located in Artesia, NM is seeking an Engineer – Electrical Reliability. The Engineer – Electrical Reliabiability conducts electrical engineering duties and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides electrical engineering assistance and direction throughout the facility
- Provides development assistance to colleagues
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors electrical equipment
- Analyzes performance of electrical components and systems
- Develops initial project scopes and budgets via internal project request system
- Ensures project construction meets refinery, NEC, and OSHA standards
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of electrical equipment
- Researches and stays abreast of electrical innovations and leading edge developments
- Recommends best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Participate in and/or facilitate incident investigations
- Evaluate MOCs and participate in QAQC and PSSRs accordingly
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Participate in company wide tech network team
- Perform electrical coordination and arc flash studies
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new electrical equipment
- Review major maintenance repairs made by third party vendors
- Coordinate with third party power suppliers and associated contracts
- Track, evaluate and report electrical KPIs
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
Entry level to ten years of progressive work experience in an electrical engineering role.
Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
Refinery or petrochemical industry experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
Technical expert in area of specialty. Advanced ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes and apply knowledge analytically. Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and commonly used engineering concepts and experience with engineering software. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential.
Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to share knowledge and provide training to multiple groups on electrical topics.
Ability to work with maintenance and operations personnel.
Working knowledge of and experience with engineering type software is preferred. Knowledge of various process hazard analysis and causal analysis methodologies. Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to share knowledge and provide training to multiple groups on electrical topics. Ability to work with maintenance and operations personnel.
Office and plant based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
ENVIROMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFTEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier. Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.