Title: Receiving Inspector
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Location: Wilson, NC (27896)
Duration: 12 months W2 Contract
Work Hours: 8am-5pm, must be available for overtime, including extended workdays, weekends and holidays when needed.
Pay Rate: $18/HR
Provide product acceptance and purchased part inspection support to the Quality function, which encompasses Product Integrity and Quality Compliance. Ensure work is accomplished with high quality, in a timely fashion and is compliant with all company, city, state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform inspection of purchased parts.
• Inspect parts and products both for paperwork compliance as well as product conformity.
• Utilize SAP QN processes to document product non-conformities.
• Utilize applicable company databases to verify purchase order and drawing requirements.
• Review and approve supplier submitted First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR).
• Applies beginner to intermediate skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area.
• May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements/functions of the position.
• Partner with lead or other technicians to resolve moderate to complex issues.
• Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Comply with all rules and regulations of United Technologies, including, but not limited to: Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
• Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
• Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
• Support company initiatives for continual improvement, lean manufacturing and zero defect plans.
• Other duties as assigned
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have:
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED (Copy of diploma or transcripts must be obtainable)
• Basic knowledge of product acceptance and inspection methods.
• Ability to perform visual and dimensional inspections of product.
• The ability to interpret schematics and/or technical drawings.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail in order to ensure safety and quality.
• Basic understanding of sampling plans.
• The ability to work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
• Intermediate computer skills in terms of typing, navigating screens and learning new software programs.
• Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• The ability to take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads and supervisors.
- Must successfully pass both criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have original copy/certified copy of US birth certificate and Photographic ID (Driver's or Identification) OR Valid Passport OR Certificate of Naturalization. Photo or xerox copies are not acceptable. Documents are required in order to enter the premises for in-person interviews due to ITAR.
All leased labor are subject to a 10 panel drug test. The FAA Drug & Alcohol program is a special program requiring an additional 5-panel drug screen with training prior to starting their assignment.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Name: Cinthia Contreras